This scheme is designed to enhance collaborative work between international researchers and members of the school
The International Research Visitors Scheme is designed to enhance collaborative work between international researchers and members of the School of Government. The scheme funds academics from outside Australia to spend between six weeks and three months working in the School of Government on a research project with one or more members of staff. In return, the visitor will be expected to demonstrate substantial progress on a work to be jointly published with one or more members of staff. The visitor will also be expected to participate in Melbourne School of Government life through, for example, giving a presentation at one of the weekly research seminars if requested, and assisting with research students. School of Government l academics will be required to submit a report on the outcomes of the research collaboration within six months after the visit concludes. Please note that international research visitors will require a visa for their visit to the School of Government. As visa requirements vary, it is important that, if awarded International Research Visitors Scheme funding, visitors ensure they hold an appropriate visa.
This Program is open to scholars from the below institutions:
- Australia New Zealand School of Government;
- Graduate Institute, Geneva;
- SIRPA, Fudan;
- London School of Economics; and,
- Other institutions with approval from the School Director.
Funding and Support
- Up to five (5) academics will be funded each year.
- Funding of up to $2,000 will be awarded per visitor to cover, for example, airfare and accommodation expenses. Where the research visitor also receives other funding to visit the University of Melbourne or Melbourne School of Government (e.g. as a Senior Fellow in the Melbourne School of Government MPA program), funding through the IRVS will be reduced accordingly.
- Melbourne School of Government will also provide office space, a computer and access to all the required research tools such as databases and library assistance.
Guidelines and Application Form
- Application form
The School of Government applicant(s) should submit:
- a completed application form;
- the research visitor’s curriculum vitae including a full publications list; and
- 2-3 page research proposal.
Mr Eric Rzepko
Melbourne School of Government
Telephone: +61 3 8344 8550