This new policy brief series and aims to distil academic research into policy analysis and clear recommendations, drawing on the cutting-edge research taking place at the School of Government and the University of Melbourne, as well as the School of Government’s extensive global networks.
Selected briefs will be produced in collaboration with the COVID-DEM project, which examines how the pandemic is affecting democracy in Australia and worldwide.
- Securing Democracy: Australia's Pandemic Response in Global Context (3 June 2020. Author: Tom Daly)
- A New Federalism? The Role and Future of the National Cabinet (1 July 2020. Author: Cheryl Saunders)
- Prioritising Parliament: Roadmaps to Reviving Australia's Parliaments (1 August 2020. Author: Tom Daly)
- Private Actors and Crisis: Scrutinising the National COVID-19 Commission Advisory Board (5 August 2020. Author: Elizabeth Hicks)
- New Strategy, New Voices: Time to Change Victoria's Crisis Approach? (10 August 2020. Author: John Pesutto)
- Closest to the People: Local Government Democracy and Decision-making in Disaster (15 September 2020. Author: Kathryn Arndt)
- Reassessing Contracting-Out: Lessons from the Victorian Hotel Quarantine Inquiry (21 September 2020. Author: Kristen Rundle)