Here we will be posting the research outputs of this project as they emerge.
For now, please find some of our earlier work on related themes below.
For a brief over view of this project, please download this flyer.
- Barron, Patrick, Rachael Diprose, and Michael Woolcock (2011) 'Contesting Development: Participatory Projects and Local Conflict Dynamics in Indonesia.' New Haven: Yale University Press
- Diprose, Rachael (2009) 'Decentralization, Horizontal Inequalities and Conflict Management in Indonesia', Ethnopolitics, 8(1): 107-134
- Goodhand, Jonathan (2005) 'Frontiers and Wars: The Opium Economy in Afghanistan', Journal of Agrarian Change, 5(2): 191-216
- Goodhand, Jonathan (2008) 'Corrupting or Consolidating the Peace? The Drugs Economy and Post-conflict Peacebuilding in Afghanistan', International Peacekeeping, 15(3): 405-423
- Goodhand, Jonathan (2012) ‘Bandits, Borderlands and Opium Wars: Afghan statebuilding viewed from the margins', in Thomas Wilson and Hastings Donnan (eds) A Companion to Border Studies. London: Wiley-Blackwell, pp. 332-353
- Goodhand, Jonathan (2013) 'Epilogue: The View from the Border', in Benedikt Korf and Timothy Raeymaekers (eds) Violence on the Margins: States, Conflict, and Borderlands. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 247-264
- Goodhand, Jonathan (2013) 'Contested boundaries: NGOs and civil-military relations in Afghanistan', Central Asian Survey, 32(3): 287-385
- Goodhand, Jonathan, Bart Klem and Benedikt Korf (2009) 'Religion, Conflict and Boundary Politics in Sri Lanka’, European Journal for Development Research, 21(5): 679-898
- Goodhand, Jonathan and Mansfield, David (2013) 'Drugs and (dis)order. The opium ecoomy, political settlements and statebuilding in Afghanistan', in Schetter, Conrad, (ed.), Local Politics in Afghanistan. A Century of Intervention in the Social Order. London: Hurst, pp. 211-243
- Klem, B. (2014) 'The Political Geography of War's End: Territorialisation, Circulation, and Moral Anxiety in Trincomalee, Sri Lanka', Political Geography, 38(1): 33-45
- Little, Adrian (2015) 'The Complex Temporality of Borders: Contingency and normativity', European Journal of Political Theory, 14(4): 429-447
- Little, Adrian and Kate Macdonald (2013) 'Pathways to Global Democracy: Escaping the Statist Imaginary', Review of International Studies, 39(4): 789-813